Welcome to the Parents’ page. This area is for providing new and existing parents with useful information, dates, deadlines and much more.
Help your child with Maths and English – Documentation
How you can help your child with Maths and English information evening was held on Thursday 15th November 2018.
My Child at School is a new online information portal for parents/carers to be able to access student information. You will be able to view your child's behaviour, attendance and recent reports. Additional fixed information such as their timetable, lessons, teachers and the School Calendar are also available.
If you haven't already received your login details or are unable to access your account then contact:Data Department
Telephone: 01270 625663
A new approach to homework at KS3 in BLS
- Extended homework projects, which last half a term, are rotated between subjects across the year (see below for timetable).
- English, Maths, Science & Languages set homework weekly except in the half-term that their project takes place. History and Geography set homework forthnightly, except in the half term that their project takes place. RE sets homework once every four weeks, except in the half-term that their project takes place.
- Other subjects may set homework from time to time at the teachers discretion.
- Details of the extended projects and regular homework are available in ’My Child at School’
- Homework follows the traditional model and focuses on the needs of the examination courses.
Homework timetables are no longer used. Please see edition 1 of the Teaching and Learning Newsletter for details